User experience designer (freelance), airloom.space, 2016–present (Denver, CO)
- Conducted a usability, SEO, and accessibility audit for NPR member station KALW and implemented all of the design and branding changes for the website’s relaunch
- Served as lead UX designer facilitating Dreaming Spaces — a design sprint that brings artists and builders together to reinvision cultural spaces to be safer and more resilient
- Designed and developed a robust Wordpress + WooCommerce site for NC Handmade — with the functionality of automatically calculating and paying sales tax, shipping, and vendor commissions
- Conducted user research research and created an annotated prototype and design system for a Wordpress website redesign that allowed the Illinois Stewardship Alliance to better connect with farmers, eaters, and organizational partners
- Designed and developed a mobile-responsive website for TurnOut, connecting LGBTQ+ volunteers and nonprofits
Marketing and communications director, Shotgun Players, 2017–2019 (Berkeley, CA)
- Organized and led audience surveys and interviews, which clarified the benefits of being a subscriber, solved the biggest pain points for patrons, and achieved organizational alignment on top UX priorities
- Developed marketing strategy led to record-breaking year-end donations, new subscriptions, and a 3-month sold-out run of Tom Waits’ The Black Rider
- Redesigned the Shotgun Players website (shotgunplayers.org) to be accessible and mobile-responsive, resulting in a 13% increase in website users and a 2% increase in online sales within the first year
Director of marketing and communications, Jewish Federation of the East Bay, 2014–2016 (Berkeley, CA)
- Created and implemented the organization’s first integrated marketing plan which included an organizational rebrand, redevelopment of the website, and content strategy for the annual fundraising campaign
- Supervised the marketing team and promoted design thinking and collaboration with senior staff and board members
Adobe Creative Suite • Airtable • Figma • Google Analytics • InVision • Miro • OptimalSort • Sketch • Slack • Trello • Typeform • Wordpress • Xd • Zeplin • Zoom
affinity mapping • animation • art direction • branding and identity • card sorting • competitive analysis • content marketing • usability testing • copywriting • CSS • customer journey mapping • editing • group facilitation • heuristic evaluations • HTML • ideation methodologies • marketing strategy • presenting/pitching • user flows • survey design • video production • visual design • wireframing/prototyping
UX design intensive, 2020
San Francisco Art Institute
BA in urban studies, 2010
Pathways to Equity
Design justice fellowship, 2021
I was born in Boston, Massachusetts. I grew up in the swamps of North Carolina. I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for over 16 years before moving to Denver, Colorado, in 2020.
I went full-time as an experience designer in 2019, and I now focus on designing regenerative solutions for a rapidly changing world through my design services, marketing services, group facilitation, and one-on-one coaching.
In 2020, I co-founded NC Handmade — an online marketplace for North Carolina craft artisans — with my mother, Lauren Sinclair. I have thoroughly enjoyed building this community and growing a family business.
In my daily life, I cultivate an analytical and strategic approach to creative problem-solving as well as regularly investigating my intuition through artwork, meditation, and tarot divination. I believe that the subconscious holds valuable information for personal and interpersonal transformation.
Throughout my education and career, the arts have factored heavily in how I engage with the world — in causes ranging from environmental conservation to philanthropy to health care. That’s not just a coincidence. As an artist, systems thinking and storytelling are hard-wired into me, and I believe that art and artists need to be integrated into every problem humanity is currently facing in order for these movements to be truly transformative.